Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Secret is Out!

Tonight we let our family in on our secret. Only my parents knew that we had already opened the envelope (didn't know if we were talking "he" or "she" though) so my family was definitely surprised! Here are a couple of pictures that set it up for you.

Photobucket
19 Weeks 4 Days, December 12, 2009

Photobucket
We are going to have a daughter!

So they say there is something called "pregnancy brain". Well, I've suffered from the Vernon family brain way before I became pregnant so being forgetful isn't exactly a new thing for me. My family reenters the house at least once before backing out of the driveway and that is on a good day. Today we celebrated my now 14 year old niece's birthday and my oldest sister's birthday. I made it there with almost everything, only forgetting the main present for my sister. Instead I gave her the honor of the reveal. I went to the bathroom and attached the pink bow to my belly and just before they began to open presents I asked her to unzip my sweater. I got a strange look but her trust prevailed and she opened it and gasped! She said, "Does anyone else know???" I said no and turned to the room so they could all see. Good times!

As I sit here now she is giving me some kicks and it's the most wonderful feeling. Jason felt them for the first time this week and my mom even got to feel one tonight. She's quite a bit of fun already.

"Sugar and spice
And everything nice
That’s what little girls
Are made of."

5 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

a little girl.....congratulations kayla! love thr reveal! girls are so muh fun!

Elizabeth said...

Oh how fun! What a fun surprise for Kim. When are you telling Jason's family? Or does everyone know now?

Kelly said...

Yea for girls!

runningmom said...

Yea!!! What a fun way to let your family know.

BTW, you and your husband look so cute together!

The DeLoe Family said...

I love the cute ribbon reveal! And by the way, little girls are the best. I've got the most loving 20-month old daughter could ever ask for. I can't wait for your daughter to give you the same kisses mine gives me! :)