Saturday, December 13, 2008

'Tis the Season

For all of the images that Christmas brings to mind, generosity should definitely be at the top of that list. It surrounds us this time of year, especially if you are paying attention. I've been fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of some generosity this year. It came from different people in all different forms.

A hug from a nurse.
Flowers from a friend.
A card from an aunt.
Sweet words from an uncle.
A text from a cousin.
A shift covered by a coworker.
A call from a family member who had a loss not too long ago.
Lots of hugs and kisses from my husband.
My mom's long visit during a very difficult time.
My dad making the drive to our house because I needed some extra time with them.
A special angel ornament from my family.

While I am sure I would not have chosen this particular path if it were in my control, I do realize that God has chosen it for me for some reason. I'm sure I will never completely understand, but that does not mean that I should not try and find the good in all of this. If I were to pick the most obvious, it would be the appreciation I have for everyone that has shown me compassion.

This is a stocking that was made for me by someone who has also had a loss. She was sweet enough to volunteer to make a stockings for the girls on the internet loss board that I have been a part of. Just a little more generosity to be thankful for.

Photobucket

No comments: