Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our Growing Guppy

I had my first official OB appointment today! It started out with lots of questions, an exam and then they took about a gallon of blood. I feel fortunate that it doesn't bother me to have my blood taken, I find it sort of fascinating actually. The speed at which the blood pumps into those vials... whatever, I'm weird. It may sound strange but I looked forward to all this because I'm all for being treated like a pregnant lady.

The torturous wait for the sonogram was well worth it. I go into the room and I know the routine. Get undressed from the waist down, get the paper gown, feet in the stirrups, it's second nature at this point. Then the Sonographer instructed me to get on the table. What? I get to keep my pants on for once? I realized that I left my modesty in April of 2008 when all this began. The number of times I've had a date with the "wand" cannot be recalled at this point (it would take my fingers, toes and then I'd have to borrow your fingers and toes...) but I'm happy to leave it in my past.

This time I not only got to see our baby's heartbeat, I got to hear it. The most amazingly beautiful sound that I look forward to hearing again.

Photobucket
5 weeks

Photobucket
6 weeks

Photobucket
7 weeks

Photobucket
8 weeks

(Obviously it's not the norm to have this many sonograms. It's been an eventful couple of weeks but we are so incredibly grateful to be blessed with this baby!)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

WoWw! Those are really amazing, you can really make out the guppy in that last photo. Is that stick like thing off to the left the umbilical cord? Don't tell me its a giant hand pointing at something. Haha. To me it looks like the baby's head is facing north or up. Did I get that right? If so, are those 2 little circles the eyes? Is the blackness your uterus? I need a legend. But that is so awesome and so completely beautiful. Isn't it? It really is.

Leigh Anne said...

s/he is already so adorable! i'm so so excited and happy. i'm glad things are going well sweetie!

(and i sooo hate the 'wand'...glad you got a 'belly' sono this time) :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to see and hear the heartbeat! It is almost unreal!! I am right there with you with the sonograms...I have already had 4!!!