Friday, September 25, 2009

What's Up Doc?

I've seen my doctor and his nurses more than my family lately. I had yet another sonogram today. Yesterday I had some spotting and some cramping so I talked to one of the nurses at my OB's office. She told me to come in today to get things checked out. Guppy is looking good as ever with a heart rate around 170. I even saw him/her move a little which evidently is a new talent that developed in the last day or so. I sort of felt like an idiot walking into their office after being there two days ago but they couldn't have been nicer. I'm seriously blessed to have such wonderful people taking care of me, I cannot say that enough. So for you viewing pleasure, my sonogram photo.

Photobucket

The black area is the gestational sac. On the left side there is a bumpy area and that is the placenta forming. You can sort of make out the umbilical cord coming from the baby toward the left side. It's normal for the head to be large in porportion to the body but with Jason's large melon I think our baby is destined to have a big head (brain, I mean). :D

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Thats a great photo (sonogram)! (S)He looks all curled up and cozy!

Glad the wee little one is doing well and bouncing around.