Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hello Guppy, Bye Bye Bagel

Just a quick update.

I'm still making somewhat frequent trips to the doctor because of the continued spotting. Evidently I'm one of the "lucky" ones who has implantation bleeding from the placenta attaching to the uterine wall. *sigh* It's just scary since any book you read will basically say that spotting is reason to run to the emergency room as soon as possible. Stupid pregnancy books. I've pretty much sworn them off the same as the internet. All of them besides the daily book that tells us what our baby is up to. I think my favorite part so far is reading about how our babe has all it's fingers and toes now. Cute, tiny little fingers and toes.

I called the nurse today to update her on the situation and she told me to go ahead and come in. The sonogram showed our Guppy measuring 10 weeks and 4 days (2 days ahead of schedule, but the measurements can vary quite a bit). Heartbeat was great and the little guy or gal was jumping around and kicking it's little legs. It was absolutely the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

The 24/7 nausea and sickness is still hanging around. It's both a blessing and a curse. What sort of sick person can thank God after throwing up? A pregnant woman who just wants to know that her baby is okay. So loosing my bagel this morning was fine by me.

5 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

glad all is well w/ the little guppy, kayla :) i had spottin every day from 5.5 weeks to about 8.5 weeks. i dreaded going to the bathroom for those 3 weeks. there are many reasons for it. i still don't know what caused mine though...now, you need to post some belly pics :)

The DeLoe Family said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going great. And, stay strong...that nausea will be gone before you know it. Nausea=healthy baby! :)

Elizabeth said...

Aww little legs....so cute. Sorry to hear you are having so many scary things happen. Glad your appointment went well. I'm thanking God as well that the little one is doing well.

Jennifer said...

I'm glad your LO is doing so well. I know the MS stinks, but at least its all ends with a beautiful little baby! (just remind yourself of that while puking) :P

Anonymous said...

The spotting sure is stressful isn't it! So glad you got to see the baby on screen again! My appointment on Monday cannot come soon enough!!!