Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Duet

Today I am 11 weeks pregnant. According to the nurse I am one week and one day away from the second trimester. Would a party be superfluous?

Since my last post we went through a bit of a scare. Well, a pretty big scare but things have gotten better. I'll just say that implantation bleeding can happen and it is highly underestimated. Everywhere you read about it you see the word "spotting". That term did not apply to what I went through but the doctor says he has seen it before and advised that I stick to a leisurely pace. So that's what I've been doing since last Wednesday.

I had a follow up appointment today and for once we didn't do a sonogram. The nurse used the fetal doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat and it was the coolest thing. At first, all you could hear was my own heartbeat and then she found the baby's. I could hear both of them at the same time. This isn't the first time I've heard the baby's, but it was the first time I heard them together. For some reason it just made me feel really connected to our Guppy. Like we are a pair that is in this together. Mother and child. Pretty awesome.

"Sometimes", said Pooh, " the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
~Winnie the Pooh

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is really neat! Has to be a beautiful sound!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it the most wonderful sound??

Elizabeth said...

I read this again and noticed the pooh quote. I love pooh. He is so sweet. I made Justin watch the "I am a little black rain cloud" clip recently. When I lived by myself in Dallas and got scared, I would pop in my pooh video (yes I had a VCR up until last year) and pooh's kind words always helped me sleep. Random...I know.