Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Peek a Boo

"I am in ...Vancouver. I was stuck in a meeting that I couldn't get out of ...and the electricity went out in the building ...and we were trapped ...on the 38th floor. And the telephone system blew too. Amazingly enough."

(Excuse may have been borrowed from one of my favorite movies.)

So I'm still here. Today I am 14 weeks pregnant and still taking it pretty easy. I've had a total of three bleeding episodes now and that has definitely made this more stressful than I had imagined it would be. The good news is that each time we have gone into the doctor our baby's heart is beating nice and strong. It seems I'm in a constant mode of prayer these days. Last Saturday was the last time it's happened and I really (really, really) hope it is the last. I do have a new sonogram photo I need to post but since the scanner is not attached to our laptop I will do that another time. Basically I just wanted to say that I'm still here, spending too much time on our couch and trying to take good care of our Guppy. I can't wait to start feeling this little guy or gal moving around in there. Yesterday I heard two pretty good movements on the doppler so I know there is lots of partying going on that I'm still not able to feel.

Thanks to all of you who continue to pray for us.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow 14 Weeks! Time is going by so fast. Of course I'm not the pregnant one. But that is amazing. In half that time, Christmas will be here. And then at Christmas you will be more than half way there to hanging out with your little one. Fun! Can't wait to see you and your little bump at Christmas time! Miss you!

Mrs Sea Monster said...

What a great update. :) I'm so thrilled that you're doing well - 14 weeks! Wow! :)

runningmom said...

Glad to hear how strong this baby is...keep taking such good care of him/her. Thinking of you!!

Kristen C said...

Kayla your bump is so cute!!! I am so glad that you are doing well. I am so excited for you!