Monday, November 30, 2009

100% Cuteness

We had our big sonogram this morning. Most importantly, things are looking great! The sonographer measured and looked at all the parts of our baby and our doctor used the word "perfect". What a word. Now that's a word I would like to continue to hear! Let's leave those "you aren't textbook" comments in the past and stick with "perfect". I've packed on 10 lbs now and that's fine by me. Thanksgiving couldn't have come at a better time in my pregnancy, food and I are very good friends again. And I promise I didn't swallow the Thanksgiving ham, there is a baby in there! Pictures coming at the end of this post to prove it.

So now I have an envelope on my desk. On the outside it says "Baby Minter". On the inside it says if we are having a boy or a girl. I want to open it so bad. Our plan is to open it Christmas morning (thanks to my best friend Elizabeth for her very creative idea!). After our sonogram this morning Jason and I started contemplating how long we will last. We have a poor track record when it comes to keeping secrets from one another and if one of us cracks on this then there is no way we will make it to Christmas. Anyone want to take bets on when the envelope will be opened?

I am still waiting on my last online purchase to arrive but I bought a diaper bag on etsy a couple of weeks ago. It's actually a bit small for a diaper bag I'm realizing, but I'm hoping I will still be able to use it plenty. I love bags. Some women love to buy shoes, some buy jewelry, I always want to buy bags. This was my first baby item purchase and I think it's very me. I am still looking forward to the other diaper bag that is being made for me though. A girl can never have too many bags. Ladies, don't let your men tell you otherwise. Who is able to provide a pair of nail clippers to Jason when we are in the car? Me, because I have a bag. Hand sanitizer? Sure. Paper and pen? Let me get that for you. Can't get that onion taste out of your mouth? Do you prefer gum or a mint?

Photobucket
My etsy bag

Photobucket
Guppy foot and toes

Photobucket
Hand up to the face (Do we have a thumb sucker?)

Photobucket
Our adorable Guppy all curled up

“A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”
~ Eda J Leshan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such great pictures! You two have so much strength to not peak in that envelope!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! I take it back! Open the envelope! I cannot wait for Christmas! Just kidding, but not really. Nice photos!!! I especially like that curled up one. So cute!

Elizabeth said...

Or you could open the envelope and then you guys would know and of course call me and let me know. And then you can tell everyone else on Christmas. Kidding again, but not really.

Oh yes. I like the word perfect!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I had no idea you even had one and now I can easily stay updated on your baby! (and you and Jason as well!:)) I am so glad everything is going well and love the pics! I do not know how you are going to keep from looking in that envelope, that would drive me crazy!