Tuesday, July 27, 2010

16 Weeks - Look Mom! Hands!

(Technically this post is actually over a week late. I started this a while back but I'm just now getting a chance to finish it. I'm a little sleepy but I cannot abandon my blog!)

So the reason I am so late to writing this is Jordan has decided that naps are the ultimate enemy. We spend a lot of time trying to convince her otherwise but she puts up a good fight. Today she got the better of us and stayed awake for 9 straight hours besides a 10 minute and 20 minute nap. That's. Not. Normal. There are rumors of some sort of sleep regression at four months so I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that this is a phase. A very very short phase.

Jordan's newest talent is using her hands for chewing on, sucking on, and slobbering on (oh the slobber!). She also is using them to bat and reach for toys and occasionally Mommy's face. It's so great to see her exploring the world around her in a whole new way.

Photobucket
Hmm... What does this taste like?

Jordan has also become my new shopping buddy. She has gotten to hang out in the Baby Bjorn on short trips to the grocery store, Ulta and Hobby Lobby. It's fun for her and fun for me. I get to show off my cutie and my hands are free to shop at the same time. Win, win!

Photobucket
This thing is perfect for hand chewing.

We also just acquired a Bumbo. I think it makes Jordan feel like a big girl because it helps her sit up all by herself! She is getting stronger all the time and I think she will be spending plenty of time in her squishy pink seat. Tummy time is also helping her strengthen that cute little neck. I need to take a picture of her neck come to think of it. Next time!

Photobucket
A seat just for me!

Photobucket
Baby workout.

Other than that, Jordan is spending her time trying to develop some adorable baby "cankles". She has wrinkles where chub meets chub. I love it. Her cheeks have such a nice squish to them now, I can't help but kiss them all the time.

Photobucket
Love that smile. :)


2 comments:

Karen said...

love those chubby cheeks!!

Elizabeth said...

It's so funny to see yours and Jason's expressions on Jordan. I have seen you make that exact same face as she is making in the "Baby Workout" photo! Hahahaha. Love it!