Wednesday, August 26, 2009

YES, I AM!!!

So after days of speculation I got the official answer yesterday.

I AM PREGNANT!

I am so incredibly blessed! Being pregnant again has brought so many emotions with it. Gratitude, amazement and pure joy. It's also brought back some not so friendly emotions. The mean kind that pick at your insecurities and fears. The first day I really started to realize I was pregnant was actually a very difficult day. Just hours after I took a test I had some brown spotting and immediately panicked. Even though I knew it could be perfectly normal, I was overcome with anxiety. I don't want to taint this entry with those negative things though, I'm putting those behind me (or doing my best to do so anyway). Since then I have had blood work and everything is looking great! Yesterday I bought a baby name book, something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Looking through all the names got me so excited at the thought of us having a little person to name in 9 months. I'm making a conscious effort to focus my energy on thinking positively and imagining this all happening just the way we dreamed. Being pregnant is such a gift and I want to enjoy all of it! (I have a sneaking suspition that there will be a day in the next 9 months that I will laugh at myself for being so naive, but that's okay, being naive has it's perks.)

Even though I was instructed not to test at home b/c the hcg trigger could give a false positive, I decided to test anyway. I searched the internet for information on how long the hcg trigger usually stays in the system and found that plenty of girls test out the trigger so they know if they have a true positive. So the time line went as follows:

dpo=days past ovulation
dpt=days past trigger
fmu=first morning urine
smu=second morning urine

9dpo (10dpt) - smu, very faint +, thought it was definitely the trigger
10dpo (11dpt) - fmu, very faint +, thought it might be the trigger
11dpo (12dpt) - fmu, still faint +, suuuper bloated in evening!, hmm...
12dpo (13dpt) - fmu, a little darker +, major bloat!, maybe??
13dpo (14dpt) - fmu, darker +, Ok this might be for real!!!
14dpo (15dpt) - pg. test at doc (smu), test line darker than control line!!! blood tests say yes!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

My beta was 227 and my progesterone was 112. My RE's nurse said things look great! I go back next Monday for another blood test to see where my numbers are. I'm praying that things continue to go well and we will be holding a baby in our arms next May. It's the most wonderful thing to daydream about.

(Pics of the bfp to come)

"A grand adventure is about to begin."
~Winnie the Pooh

4 comments:

Kristen C said...

Congratulations again Kayla!!! I am so excited for you. I look forward to following your pregnancy on here.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see your bump when I go home for Christmas!

Leigh Anne said...

Kayla! I'm so so so happy for you! Congratulations! I hope you have the best, most glorious 9 months of your life :)

(ps...I had brown spotting for about two to three weeks off and on w/ sydney...totally normal!)

Jennifer said...

Kayla - this sentence that you wrote has me in tears.

"Yesterday I bought a baby name book, something I've been wanting to do for a long time."

I remember after my second FET Dh came home with the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" I had wanted that book for 8 year and I finally owned it. It was a very meaningful thing for me to get. Probably like the baby name book is to you. I'm so happy for you and am looking forward to following your blog.