Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Hot 7th Anniversary (not the kind you imagine)

A dear old friend has come to visit. A friend that I did not miss and hoped to keep at bay for many, many years to come (or at least until menopause). Hot flashes have returned to my life. It's been about a year since I dealt with this. I'm not sure if irony is the best way to describe the fact that it has just so happened to align with the hottest months of the summer.... again! Oh well, it's not so bad. It just means waking up in a sweat, taking off whatever layers are between me and the fan and spreading each limb for maximum body surface-to-fan ratio. Hopefully it just means that the Clomid will do it's job in the follicle department.

In other news, Jason and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on Monday. Well I use the term "celebrated" loosely. We have yet to exchange cards or actually do anything other than me receiving a beautiful bouquet of red roses which are now adorning my kitchen table. The celebrating part will be in the weeks to come. Plans are still sketchy but definitely in the works. Probably just an evening out and a night in a hotel. I'm looking forward to it though, whatever it turns out to be.

Tomorrow we are off to Lubbock for a surprise birthday party for my Grandmother's 80th and a surprise reunion wrapped into one. The theme? Vegas. Better get my poker face ready.

TTC Status: Due for an ultrasound on Monday to check the follies
Mental Status: Excited to try something new
Side Effect Status: So far hot flashes are about it
Dinner Status: Leftover homemade veggie lasagna (yum)
SYTYCD Status: The finale starts tonight! Go Jeanine!

"She was inspired by a major hot flash and a bottle of wine."
~Kathi Glist
(This was in reference to the author of "Menopause the Musical". I seem to be missing the bottle of wine.)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe you have been married for 7 years. That is wild, but awesome. But yuck hot flashes! That can't be fun. Although I have this new thing (like 6 months now) where I wake up in a pool of sweat every morning. Gross...I know, but very true. Is this a hot flash? I use you as my "Dear Abby" or all knowing guru of womanly functions....sorry. Well hope your anniversary, birthday party, and reunion are fun. Talk to you soon!!

Kayla said...

If it's just in the morning then I don't think it's a hot flash. I wake up hot in the mornings sometimes too. I don't mind attempting to answer girly questions, I just hope my answers are based somewhat on fact. ;)