Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ethel's Revenge

Let me just try to sum up yesterday in the least amount of words as possible.

CD1, sharp pains, cramps, prescription pain killers (in vain), crying, floor, vomit (toilet, trash can), sweating, shaking, doctor's office, sonogram, functional cyst rupturing, fluid in pelvic culdesac, napping. Yes, that was yesterday.

After another horribly painful rupturing cyst, my doctor has decided to only allow me to take 50mg of Clomid. Evidently when I ovulate on the left side it's just going to hurt like hell. Just for fun it appears I've ovulated on the left side three consecutive cycles, thank you body. So basically more Clomid, equals more follicles, equals more cysts, equals me in horrible pain. I know the pain of one cyst rupturing, I seriously cannot, and do not, want to imagine the pain of any more than that. I'm now somewhat terrified of taking the Clomid since it's whole purpose is to help you ovulate more eggs each cycle. Let's just hope the right ovary is more cooperative than the left. Lucy, it's time to let Ethel know who is boss.

So tomorrow is the beginning of a new path. I start Clomid and our IUI cycle will be in full swing. So here we go.

From the end spring new beginnings.
~Pliny the Elder

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Boo for pain! Yay for beginning an IUI journey! Hopefully you do get pregnant the first time, so that way you don't have a period for 9 months. Thinking about it that way, pregnancy sounds like a lot of fun!

Mrs Sea Monster said...

oh no! I hope this cycle goes much better.