Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Da Plan! Da Plan!

Houston, we have a plan. (Two quotes right off the bat? I'm on a roll.) My RE appointment was all that I hoped it would be and more. I went in there thinking we would take this one step at a time but my doctor is ready to make this happen and frankly, so am I. So, the plan...

-Baseline sonogram to check for cysts on CD1,2 or 3
-100mg Clomid (CD3-7)
-Monitor follicles until they are mature
-HCG trigger shot to induce ovulation
-IUI 36 hours later
-Wait, wait, wait...
-More waiting...
-Yes, more waiting, 2 weeks is forever when ttc
-Hopefully jump up and down (lightly) b/c we got a bfp

I thought I would want to take this slowly but after talking to my RE, I feel like his plan is a good plan. Enough waiting and seeing, enough taking this slowly, enough is enough! I walked out of the office feeling really good about what we are going to do and really positive about this next step. It feels right. On top of that I am so grateful to have a doctor that I trust.

So now it is just about waiting until I start. There is a very small part of me that is holding out hope that this won't be necessary but I'm not counting on it. At least this time I have something to look forward to. Hot flashes, bloating and insemination by catheter! Sounds fun to me!

(In regards to them "washing" the sperm before the IUI)
"Do they use a mild detergent?"
~Jason Minter, my adorable husband

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! I hope that you are pregnant this cycle and can save your money. But I have spent more on Mona, so Da plan sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to a Minter baby to crochet for in the very near future! Ooh I have a list. Hats, cacoons, booties oh my. And we have to jump on that bunny sewing too!