Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lucy, You've Got Some Splainin' to Do

Do you remember that book "The Little Engine that Could"? I can just hear that little engine in my head - "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can".

Well if my ovary could talk, it would have a similar mantra. (The right one that is. I'm putting my faith into Righty this month. What, you have a better name for my right ovary? Oh, maybe one could be Lucy and the other one Ethel. They were trouble makers, seems fitting.) I digress, back to my talking ovary. It's mantra has to be - "I think I can ovulate, I think I can ovulate, I think I can ovulate." As of today, CD 18, I finally got a little bit darker of a line on my OPK. Finally! It's not a positive, but at least I feel like something is going to happen sooner or later. I expect to get a positive in two days, just in time since I only have two OPK's left. I'm not sure why it is taking so long this time around. Yesterday I was not on speaking terms with my ovaries. It's a rocky relationship.

In other news, I tried to make frozen chocolate covered bananas today. Can we say failure? The first one turned out ok. The second one showed signs of things getting a bit iffy. The third one was a mess. The chocolate gummed up, was sliding off the banana, things got slimy... I had to scrap the whole plan. So in my freezer I have two lonely chocolate covered bananas with rainbow sprinkles (b/c sprinkles make everything better, remember?). I've already made plans with my baker friend for next Thursday to try this again. This will happen and we will succeed. It's not so much about me really wanting to eat them anymore, the craving sort of passed. No, it's about the feat. I will show those bananas who is boss. Pictures are a possibility so stay tuned.

Bananas are everywhere.
~Kayla and Elizabeth

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Bananas ARE everywhere!!! How did I miss this post yesterday? So weird. I recently saw chocolate covered bananas on a stick at the Taste of Chicago. They looked like penises wearing a chocolate condom. It was funny to see gobs of people eating them in public. They looked yummy anyway. Well I hope Lucy and Ethel get their act together today. Luck!!!

Kayla said...

That's why you cut the banana in half. It just looks better! Actually, that was sort of the focus on the blog I got the idea from. http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2009/07/mini-chocolate-dipped-bananas/