Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Time and Travel

Hello, it's July! Where has this year gone? It seems that while I've been living my life weeks at a time, months have gone by without me taking notice. It's hard to believe that this year is half over and we are creeping up on our 7th anniversary in August. (Seven years, however, doesn't seem like much compared the the 40 years my parents have just celebrated.) I wish I could say we had some exotic vacation planned but not this year. I'll just have to lay on my new carpet and pretend to be on white sands near a blue ocean. If I try really hard maybe I will even be able to hear the waves...

We did get to travel to New Mexico this last weekend. Jason's family had a reunion up there and it was beautiful. Great weather, gorgeous scenery, good times. We got to spend a little time in Santa Fe, did some hiking, did a zip line and just enjoyed being around family. Since pictures always speak better than words, enjoy.


zipline
We make these helmets look cool

zipline
And we're off!

zipline
Can I go again?

glorieta
Hiking scenery

glorieta
More beautiful scenery from our hike

TTC Status: CD 10, this is gonna be THE cycle, yes it is
Dog's Status: Likes the dry grass, evidently it feels good when you roll in it
Weather Status: Can I move to the mountains in New Mexico?
Music Status: So, these Kings of Leon fellows have some enjoyable songs

glorieta

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms of their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the
leaves of Autumn.

~John Muir

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I like your photos, looked like you guys had a lot of fun in New Mexico. I read your email too, sorry about that Monday funk. I will respond once after I have had an actual meal. But "Keep your head up, eyes open, tension in your arms." Ok maybe not the tension in your arms. That was a quote from...do you know what movie?

Kayla said...

I don't know the quote! Need help on that one.

And New Mexico was great. I would love to go back.

Elizabeth said...

It's from Dirty Dancing, the part when she is getting dressed and about to perform in the other resort.

Kayla said...

It's been too long since I've seen that movie! I tried to watch it one day and Jason looked at me with that - are you seriously going to watch this? - face. I told him nobody puts baby in the corner. Not really, but I should have.