Sunday, July 19, 2009

Working for the Weekend

We just wrapped up a weekend filled with plenty of time with friends and family. It was really nice to be able to get together and just have fun with the people I love. It's the perfect way to get your mind off your wacky body. (Back to that in a second.) Friday was spent celebrating a friend's birthday. A good friend who I just don't get to see or talk to as much as I would like. Needless to say I enjoyed our night, so much so that we didn't get home until 2 am. Made me feel like maybe I'm not as old as I think I am sometimes. Then Saturday was spent with the family taking pictures at the Gaylord Texan. (See below) This was an anniversary present to our parents. What better way to celebrate a fabulous marriage than to capture the family they have created. After that we played some Texas Hold'em. Good, clean, gambling fun with the fam! Today we celebrated the brother in laws birthday. Weekends never seem quite long enough, do they?


Photobucket
Friday, out with friends


Photobucket
Saturday, family photos

As far as ovulation, I'm relying strictly on temps and those aren't much help these days. Just as a general rule, your chart should look more like a plateau and not a collection of mountains. Right now my chart is doing it's best impression of the Rockies. So, who knows. I will be seeing my RE in 2 days and that is all I can focus on right now.

TTC Status: CD 28, ovulation in question
Mental Status: Ready for the doc to give a girl (and a guy) a hand with this
Texas Hold'em Status: So a flush beats a straight and a straight beats a pair, right???

"The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend."
~Chuck Palahniuk

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute photos! In the family photo, it seems like everyone but your dad, kelly and keely are wearing a blue-ish shirt. Was that planned? And the others didn't get the memo? JK?

And oh my goodness I love Chuck's quote. That is so true and it happened TODAY! My boss asked the question only to answer first.

Good Luck at your appointment tomorrow! Let me know how it goes.

Kayla said...

We just said we would wear solid tops and we all ended up with blue or gray (except Dad and Kelly). I am glad we aren't too matchy matchy, but I think it's funny how close we got!

And isn't that quote so true? It's just like how people wait for you to stop talking so they can talk instead of actually listening. I'm sure I'm guilty of that some of the time.

I'm sure I will post about the appointment.