Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Observations, Realizations, Prolongations

There is no cohesive theme to this post. Just randomness.

I think my dog is bulimic. Not to make light of a serious condition, but she has a problem. She makes herself throw up on a regular basis and I have no idea why. Manipulation to get more food? Possibly. This dog is so driven by food I wouldn't put it past her. In fact, a certain brother-in-law lovingly nicknamed her "food". Anyway, it usually happens around 5 in the evening. She stands by the door and it rarely fails that she will go eat some grass, walk to the back of the yard, sit down, start the heaving, then pukes. It's a bit if a ritual and I realized today I can basically predict this behavior. It's sad and a little annoying. I haven't come up with a cure for this yet. Well, besides the one time that she started the pre-vomit heaving in the house, Jason and I yelled at the top of our lungs and she stopped. No puke. I'm thinking that was a one time thing though. I don't think it would be humane or effective to start screaming at my dog as a form of attempted therapy.

The other day I was in Target and I heard a dad say to his son, "You're going to spill your carrots". For some reason I thought this sounded like a euphemism for throwing up.

Why all this talk of throwing up? Coincidental, so let's move on.

The Office is such a genius show. It is the only show I know of that can make you feel so uncomfortable for the characters involved. Even knowing it's purely fictional doesn't help. Michael Scott makes me want to die laughing while hiding under a table. Awkward is the word. And the pranks? Dwights desk in the bathroom, a stapler in jello, a cell phone in the ceiling? All genius.

I love Dr. Seuss more today than I did as a child. I enjoy his rhymes and his rhythm. Kanye doesn't even compare.

Little, round, rainbow sprinkles really improve a sweet. Put them on chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream, a doughnut or a chocolate covered frozen banana. They brighten things up and that crunch is irresistible. Go ahead and taste the rainbow.

Getting back to the intended purpose for this blog, my ovary is taking it's sweet time this month. Of course it chooses to do so when I'm on a schedule here. My RE appointment was scheduled for what should be the very end of this cycle (in order to allow me to test and see if said appointment is unnecessary, which is of course my hope). I can't delay the appointment without moving it to the next week because my doc will be out of town and that will most likely mean we would have to wait a whole other cycle till we can actually get the ball rolling. So, come on right ovary. You can do it, I know you can. Time to show us what you're made of. Give me a nice egg and lets make a baby.

TTC Status: CD 16, OPK lighter today than yesterday, what the heck?
Vacation Status: wanting one so so badly
M&M Status: I have way too many in my house, please come eat some

Would I rather be feared or loved? Umm, easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
~Michael Scott, The Office

No comments: