Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm Disappointed in You Lucy

Quick update because I don't know where else to focus my bewilderment. Lucy and Ethel are really up to something.

CD 19 today and my OPK got lighter again. What the heck body? One OPK left and at this rate it won't be positive tomorrow. Definitely didn't miss it yet b/c I've been checking my temp and we are still at a cool 97.02 this morning.

Looks like this one maybe a shot in the dark. No pun intended. Well, that was supposed to be a little punny.

Frustration Status: Who can I hit?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Try hitting the pillow? Could the opk be faulty? I don't know about these things. But maybe you should go ahead and do "it" if you think it could happen soon. Not that I'm an expert or anything here, but aren't sperm supposed to last up to 5 days? And I also read that you actually on ovulate for 12 hours. That is crazy if its true. Is it? Because if so, it seems as if the OPK would only give you a few more hours to get the job done. Maybe sperm are slow swimmers so try giving them a head start? I hope this blog is an open discussion blog. I would hate to be banned.

Kayla said...

Lol, you will never be banned. Yes, in perfect conditions sperm can live up to 5 days. That's definitely best case scenario. As far as ovulating, I've heard the egg is good for 24 hours. When you get a positive OPK then you will most likely ovulate in 12-48 hours or so. It's nice b/c it gives you a heads up. Temping will only show you after you ovulate since your temp doesn't rise until after it has happened. Did all of this make sense? At this point, sex every other day is probably a good idea. Wow, so there it is. My sex life is out on the internet.

Elizabeth said...

That makes sense. But my whole life I went thinking that we ovulated for like 1 week every month. Then I read that its only half a day, or like you say 24 hours. Not very much huh? Makes pregnancy sound impossible for anyone. Well hoping today Lucy and Ethel are cooperating.