Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bouncing Beagle and Bouncing Baby

29 weeks today!

Last Thursday we had quite an event take place. A snow of historic proportions in the Lone Star State. First you have to know that Texans get excited over trace amounts of snow. You know, the kind that barely covers the yard and melts as soon as it hits the pavement. You'll see little grassy snowmen that took every spec of snow in the yard to make but people are still happy. That fluffy white stuff is magical around here. By our local news you would have to assume that absolutely nothing else is happening in the world that is more important than the snow that is falling out of the sky. Although, my whole 28 (almost 29 ::gasp!::) years, I know I've never seen a prettier snow. We had somewhere between 12 and 14 inches and it broke just about every record for the day, month and season. So much snow that our little Beagle could only navigate by way of doing some sort of jumping that resembled a bunny hop and left Jason and I almost in tears from laughter. What's that? Pictures?

Photobucket
Our barely recognizable street

Photobucket
Daisy mid bunny hop

In other Beagle news...

Daisy is adjusting well to all the new baby things in the house. This is her after I sorted the hand-me-downs I got from my sister.

Photobucket

In Guppy news...

Last night I watched my belly jiggle like that fat man's with the red suit. At first a sonogram is the first tangible evidence of your baby. Then it's feeling the movement. I think SEEING the movement has been the most fun so far. It's hard to believe that it all started with something that felt like a little muscle twitch. I basically had to sit completely still, mute the tv, focus and wait... then I might have felt something that may have been the baby or may have been my stomach digesting my lunch. I look forward to her birth more than anything but I know I will miss this. I think part of it's charm is that it's just me and her much of the time. I sing to the radio and enjoy the fact that she is hearing me in there. Oh, I have decided that if I get her used to my singing in utero then she will come out being comforted by it and maybe even liking it. It will take her years before she realizes that her mother has no talent for singing.

The crib is assembled! Daddy and Grandpa (aka Jason and Dad) put it together this weekend. It was pretty cute. Yes, more pictures of course.

Photobucket
Teamwork is key

Photobucket
Dad being dad!

Photobucket
Success!

I am still waiting for the comforter and valance to be done so no pictures of those yet.


Last but not least, some pregnancy thoughts, observations, etc:

More stores should put their bathrooms at the front of the store. Does Hobby Lobby realize how huge their store is? My bladder deserves a medal for that walk.

I now know what my body will feel like when I'm a senior citizen. The knees, the hips and no kidding, I woke up to my left elbow aching this morning.

I never used to pay attention to the difference in brands of toilet paper. When the bathroom becomes your second home you start to notice these things. Angel Soft is neither angelic or soft.

Photobucket
February 16, 2010

5 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

glad you guys could enjoy some snow! we've had over a foot on the ground for weeks! i'm really done with it haha. but, i live in a place where it snows every winter haha...though this is more than usual for us.

oh i so miss watching sydney moving around inside my tummy...those were some special times...enjoy it mama! and it's even more fun when she's here!

Elizabeth said...

I loved the grassy snowmen observation. I still get really excited about snow and I have been in Chicago for almost 2 years now. I am however over the cold, grey weather.

I love that photo of Jason and your Dad behind that crib. I can just hear your Dad suggesting a Jail crib photo. Very cute!

And of course I love Daisy laying on those baby clothes. Why do beagles love piles of clothes?

And you are so cute! I expect one photo a week from weeks 30 to her birthday!

Elizabeth said...

And of course photos by the hour when she is born!

Kelly said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow! We have a lot here too (in NE). The dog my mom has is named Daisy too - such a cute doggy name. :) You look great - what a small bump you have. Take care!

Elizabeth said...

It's funny that someone says your bump is small. I haven't really known a lot of pregnant people, but your bump looks pretty big on a tiny girl like you! I'm still amazed every time I see a new photo. I guess its because you're my bff, who's always been uber tiny. And I don't get to see you often, so it's even more surprising. You still are uber tiny, but to me, that pregnant belly just looks kinda big. I'm still banking on the chubby legged baby from my dream :)