Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Third Trimester!!! ::Happy Dance::

Today is a big day for us. I am officially in the third trimester! 28 weeks and in the home stretch. I can't say how great that feels. I feel myself getting more and more excited about how close we are getting to having our baby girl. I did mommy chores yesterday and found myself smiling for the first time while doing laundry. How can you not smile when you pull out those tiny little socks that you know will someday be on some cute tiny little feet? Those same little feet that are kicking inside my belly right now. Yes, doing her laundry will quickly loose it's charm, I realize that. But for now I'm having fun folding her freshly washed blankets and hanging her strawberry themed onesies.

I had a routine appointment with my OB last Friday. My doctor walked in and said "Look at you looking all pregnant" with a big smile on his face. Love that man. Then yesterday I had an appointment at the Perinatologist and had another FFN done, current measurements of our Guppy taken and a cervical check. All good! FFN was negative, cervix is still measuring well (about 39 millimeters) and baby girl appears to be weighing in around 2 lbs. 8 oz. I feel myself relaxing more the further along we get. Oh, and I heard the word "textbook" without a negative in front of it. Monumental occasion. Evidently my cervix (MY cervix) is textbook. Well! It's nice to hear I fit into the "normal" category at least once. I suspect this isn't the sort of thing I can brag about in public though. What a shame.

I think a picture post is coming up. I will soon have my hands on the following items; crib, bassinet, valance made from her crib bumper, and the bedding comforter (now on a canvas stretcher). I also bought a lamp from Hobby Lobby and have made some art for the walls. I think her room is going to be such a happy place and I can't wait to share pictures of it when it's done.

Photobucket
February 9, 2010

[Quick side note here. I just want to say thank you to all of you who have actually cared enough to read my rambling posts. Some of you I know personally, some of you I know as my "internet friends", some of you I have never even spoken to. I even had a comment posted by the author of Hannah's Hope a little while back and that was pretty cool! This blog started out as a therapeutic place for me to say all the things that were weighing heavy on my heart. I am so happy that it has transformed into a place where I get to share such joyful things! What makes it even better is to know that there are people out there who care to come here and see how we are doing. Whether this can be a source of comfort, hope, insight, humor or just a way to keep up with what is going on, I am just happy to share it with all of you. So thank you!]

"Every child begins the world again."
~Henry David Thoreau

4 comments:

daisy5819 said...

Thanks for letting us come on the journey with you. I really enjoy reading your blog :). Can't wait to see guppy!

Leigh Anne said...

yes...i agree with daisy! thanks for sharing with us! i love i love reading your blog. i'm very thankful for pg.org b/c i've gotten to "meet" some really great women...you included!

and yay for the 3rd tri! almost there girl! it only gets better (and yes, the laundry thing does lose it's charm, lol!)

Elizabeth said...

3RD TRIMESTER..SO EXCITING! I'm so glad you are "textbook" now...eeek!!!! Now you can relax a little before the sleepless nights begin :)

Aww you're washing baby socks, sounds so cute. It's funny though...almost every time I see a baby, it usually has lost a sock from one foot or if it hasn't lost it yet,it looks like the sock is just about to fall off. Pretty soon you will be wondering where that other sock went!

Thanks for sharing your blog with me! You have been through so much these last few years and I think it was a great way to just get everything out that you were feeling. It also let me write to you during a time I know you didn't feel like talking. I felt like a bad friend at times, because I couldn't be there for you and I didn't always know what to say. But reading and listening to you about your journey helped me understand (even though I know I can't ever fully understand) what you were going through. I have also, learned A LOT about TTC and pregnancy. Justin thinks I'm crazy BTW. The blog has also been a wonderful way for you to share your pregnancy with me, I love watching your tummy grow. I can't wait to see what this blog becomes when Jordan arrives. Although by then...I should be hanging out with you girls on a fairly regular basis :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!!! And ins't the 3rd trimester just so exciting!!! YAYAYAY!!!!