Thursday, February 25, 2010

10 Week Countdown

It's weird to actually be counting down for once. This whole pregnancy I have been counting up. I think 30 weeks (and 10 remaining) is when you really start to feel like you are on the downhill ride to the most wonderful day of your life, next to your wedding. Of course I assume that subsequent births are equally joyful, I wonder if it ever quite compares to the time you hold your first child in your arms. The amazement that you and your husband have actually created another little person (not to take any of the credit from God who obviously plays a rather large part in the miracle of life).

Updates for the week.

More good news from the Perinatologist, yay! FFN was negative and according to my doc, my cervix is "a mile long". Both are very welcomed news (thank you prayers still going up). I even got to see Guppy yawn on the sonogram. It was seriously the cutest thing. Between her sonograms and all the baby clothes I've been washing and folding, I think I've hit my quota for the word "cute"... for a lifetime. I'm fully prepared to continue this trend as my shower is this weekend! I think it's cheating that Babies R Us allows me to see what has been purchased off my registry. (I look anyway.)

Off the topic of baby for a minute.

In preparation for my shower, I finally got my hair cut. Only about two months overdue, no biggie. I have to say goodbye to the ponytails for a while and dust off the hairdryer I guess. I drive about 25 miles to my hometown to get my hair cut by the woman who has been cutting it for 8 years now. There are two major benefits to this. One being that I just don't trust most hair dressers. You have to earn my trust to be able to take a pair of scissors to my hair and I learned a long time ago that the ability to listen is a prized commodity. I may have also been scarred by a bad bangs decision as a young woman, but weren't we all? Second benefit is that it is across the street from my favorite place to eat. A sandwich shop that is one year older than I and a place I've been going to for as long as I can recall. I enjoy the experience literally from the second I walk in the door. The place smells like heaven and no other place smells anything like it. I savor every bit of my half chicken salad sandwich, carrot slices, broccoli cheese soup and raspberry tea. I look forward to sharing that place with our daughter someday.


Photobucket
Our Guppy is pretty consistent in her position. From the bumps that show up (and all my sonograms giving clues to what those bump are) this is a pretty good baby map. She is breech but that could still change. I'm noticing that my belly is resembling the shape of an egg (appropriate as Easter is just around the corner).

Photobucket
February 23, 2010

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I often think about how miraculous babies are. Aren't they? It really boggles my mind when I start thinking about it.

And that is just too cute that the baby yawned. Awwwwwww....

Yay for haircuts and BooBoo's chicken salad sandwiches. Every time I go home I make a list of places I want to eat, but I usually don't get around to all of them. Can't wait to see your hair too! That reminds me, I will be your baby shower photographer when I am there. Gotta photograph all those presents for blogging purposes!!!

I do kind of see her head lump pokin' out there. Haha. Remember to visualize the turning. I did this last night when I meditated. I visualized your baby turning, hope it helps :) It's all I can really do from here, I will give her an Aunt Liz pep talk on Saturday. But if she's comfy and wants to stay, we all understand, we just want her healthy and happy.

Ok have fun tonight!

The DeLoe Family said...

YAY for 30 weeks! Congratulations! You are so right about babies being miraculous gifts from God. When my daughter was born I just couldn't get over how amazing it was that my body MADE her...and her cute ears, the tongue in her mouth...I could go on and on. You will find yourself just staring at your daughter when she is born in complete amazement. It is such a wonderful thing that God has blessed us with - well, except the labor of course!

Speaking of labor, I know a dozen doulas that swear that rubbing your pinkie toe consistently helps in turning the baby. It has something to do with pressure points on our body. My friend's baby was breech up until the very end and she swears that it was the toe rubbing that flipped him. I am not sure whether there is any credibility to it all, but it's worth a try!