Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Showered with Love and Gifts

This last weekend was my much anticipated baby shower. Much anticipated by me anyway. Here we are, almost three years after we started trying, and we got to have our shower! Worth the wait, just like our Guppy. It was put together by a family friend and she did such a great job. Can we just talk about the food? Pimento spread, veggies, grapes, punch, chicken salad sandwiches (cut into circles with wheat bread on one side and white on the other, the most adorable sandwiches), pb&j's (cut into fun little rectangles, and of course delish), cupcakes (ooooh the cupcakes). Then there was some sort of cheese ball (like a cheese log but shaped... you get the idea). Oh cheese whatchamacallit, I want more. There were also some people there I think.

Kidding.

My bestie from Chicago flew down just for my shower and I was so excited for her to be there. It made the shower complete by having her there. I was surrounded by friends and family and presents. A mountain of presents. Definitely some of the most fun I've ever had opening gifts with lots of "oohs" and "awws" and "oh how cuuuuuute!". The bibs, the binkies, the bottles, oh my! I will have to share some of the pictures when I get them from my sister.

Jason and I also picked up a new glider last night. Yes, we bought one months back but I slowly realized it was an impulse buy. Craigslist can be a dangerous place for an overly excited pregnant lady. This one is prettier, more comfy and has all the bells and whistles we were missing with the first one. Anyone looking to purchase a used (and slightly creaky) glider? We have one for sale.

On a side note, it's birthday week in the Minter house. Daisy's was Monday, Jason's is Wednesday and mine is Saturday!

Photobucket
Oh where, oh where have my little feet gone...
That bump on the right side is a head!


Photobucket
March 3, 2010

Photobucket
I keep thinking about how that sign above my head is a subliminal message. But there is so much to do!

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

~Dr. Seuss (Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great shower!! I can't wait to see pictures. And you have a perfect belly!! Mine is getting stretch marks! EEK!!

Elizabeth said...

I know, those little sandwiches were fantastic, I was telling Justin about the wheat on one side and white on the other. And I think it had mangos or something in it too. Yum! I'm actually making chicken salad sandwiches tonight because they were so unforgettably yummy, I've been craving it since I left :P

Glad I could make it, I should have stayed longer, so I didn't have to share you with everyone ;)

Yay for the new glider! I'm happy you got one. You'll have to send me a photo of it. And the room when you are done. I'm sure with all the stuff you got, you will be pretty busy organizing for awhile.

And I already commented on facebook, but you look super cute!
I like that pink t-shirt! Is it from threadless?

Kayla said...

I really hope to get the shower pictures soon! I have been checking everyday for stretchmarks and so far I've been fortunate. But still 8 weeks and 5 days to GROW!

Yes, it's a Threadless shirt. I ordered it and I haven't even been able to wear it b/c the belly just will not fit!

Kelly said...

Kayla, I love reading your blog. Today it brought tears to my eyes. I do not know you, but I am so happy for you. Everything sounds like it's moving along just perfectly! God is so good!!

Kelly said...

Oh and I love that Bebo song - the one about the angels. That made me cry too!

Kayla said...

Thank you Kelly! I love reading the comments, it is such a compliment to know that people enjoy hearing our story. :)

Kayla said...

Oh, and I've loved that song for years. Such a beautiful song.

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to see pictures! You look great! I hope the stretchmarks miss you. Mine came right at the very end...like the last week!