Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Honey, Can You Shave My Legs?

Tap... tap... tap...

That's what it feels like when she gets the hiccups. She has been getting the hiccups about twice a day for the last week or more and I think it's so cute to imagine her in there, hiccuping away. She's continues to give me some good kicks every now and then and sometimes it feels like she is just rolling around. I talk to her and tell her that she can kick me as much as she wants.

Today I am 32 weeks with 56 days remaining until her due date. There is a growing list of things that I will not being doing for the next 56 (give or take a few) days.

Grocery shopping - It seems as though the grocery store puts my uterus in a bad mood. I can't say that I enjoy grocery shopping that much anyway, so I guess my uterus and I have that in common. Let me just say that Jason has been a real trooper in taking over for me.

Shave my legs - Take a breath, lean over and try to reach where I can... Doesn't work very well. I warned Jason that he may need to give me a hand since I will be wearing a dress this Friday to attend a wedding. I was hoping if I gave him fair warning then he would be able to get used to the idea by the time I need him to step in. I'll let you know how that goes.

Pick something up off the floor with any sort of grace - I need some of those grabber things with the little tongs on the end. I'm not sure if it's harder to get down there or get back up. And BONUS, pregnancy makes you clumsy! Ah the funny little ironies of life. (By the way, I didn't believe this pregnancy rumor until I dropped my hair dryer, knocked over my water bottle and tripped, all with in about 10 minutes. I was about to wave the white flag and go back to bed out of fear that I might hurt myself.)

I would say sleep for more than 2 hours straight but I think we all know that a good nights sleep is not anywhere in my near future.

Here are the bird pictures I made that match her bedding. I meant to post a picture of them a long time ago but better late than never. I still plan on posting a picture of my glider rocker but I am waiting until it is in it's permanent spot. I love love love my new glider.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
March 9, 2010

Photobucket
The Belly (and I)

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!"
~Psalm 139:13-18

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You only have 8 more weeks of not being able to do those things :) 56 days! That's amazing! It's so amazing that babies grow so quickly.

I love the bird pictures! So cute!

And you look adorable as usual!

Anonymous said...

You look so great!!!

Seriously though, I agree with all of the things on your list.

1. Grocery shopping just hurts me!
2. Alex has been shaving my legs for a month now. He doesn't seem to mind too much, he even pants my toe nails!
3. I never used to get mad when something fell on the floor! HAHA!!!

We are truly in the home stretch!! Soon we will be comparing baby pictures!!!! YAYAYAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE how the bird picture turned out!! I can't wait to see your nursery all put together!