Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Beginnings of a Daddy

34 Weeks today! That means we are down to 3 weeks until I'm term and 8 weeks to our due date. My doctor's guesstimate on her weight last Friday was about 5 pounds (just by feel, I think that's pretty cool and we will someday -soon- see how accurate he is). Guppy continues to get the hiccups at least twice a day and I enjoy watching my belly move around while she wiggles and squirms. The TV may be on but belly watching is a lot more fun.

I'm at the point where it's easy to complain about the aches and pains of a third trimester pregnancy. As much as it hurts sometimes, I am not here to complain about any of it. That would be a disservice to myself and anyone else who has prayed and prayed for a baby. I would rather list the reasons I am so happy and so blessed. I think each week until she is born I'm going to focus on something positive. On that note... My husband has taken such good care of me this whole pregnancy. When I was on modified bed rest he would fetch me water without me asking. I don't think I have vacuumed since I became pregnant and at this point he has completely taken over dish washing (and the occasional dog washing). Watching him put the crib together with my dad, putting together the bassinet, hanging new blinds in the nursery, etc., has been so fun to see. He's great at taking care of his wife and I know he will be great at taking care of his daughter. I love that man with all of my heart. Ok, if I don't stop then I'm going to have to fetch the kleenex.

And now I'm happy to share my shower pictures with you. I don't know if anyone will ever realize what a special day this was for us!

shower 1
Yummy table of food. Just looking at this makes me hungry.

shower 2
My sisters about to be subjected to embarrassment. I just got to watch. :)

shower 4
Itty bitty bathing suit from my friend Amber. Adorable!

shower 5
My friend Elizabeth who flew in all the way from Chicago! Thank you for the banana onesie, I love it and can't wait to see her in it.

shower  6
My parents are starting our girl off right with a pink Texas Tech blanket. We will have to share that.

shower 8
My dad and youngest niece made an appearance.

shower 7
My mom and the wonderful hostess Cindy.

shower 3
Soon to be Mommy and Daddy!

Photobucket
And one of the ever growing belly of course.
March 23, 2010

"Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad."
~Unknown

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aww Jason! He's going to be a great Dad and you a great Mom!

I had so much fun at your shower!

And you are a bit bigger this week! Looks like your belly is bigger but a little lower than your other photos. Maybe the baby moved a little bit?

Anonymous said...

That swimming suit is the cutest thing!!!!