Wednesday, January 13, 2010

7:50am and I Need a Nap

24 weeks as of yesterday! I need a new belly shot, I will work on that.

My mom is here for the week, hallelujah! Monday we had chocolate chip pancakes, turkey bacon and sausage for dinner. It was delicious. Last night she made us quesadillas full of pork, beef, beans, onions, bell peppers and cheese. Yum again. Today we are going to get some paint swatches for the nursery. My mom is the greatest. I owe her big time.

It's funny how pregnancy begins to prepare you for the sleepless nights of mommyhood. Between trips to the bathroom, random bouts of insomnia and the increasingly difficult task of rolling over (which I realize will only get more difficult over the next 16 weeks), all of these make for a fragmented night of rest. The result being me trying to put the milk in the pantry after pouring my bowl of cereal at 6:45am. If you know me then you know I never voluntarily get up at that hour but I was just laying there anyway and I couldn't ignore my stomach any longer. I digress, back to this lack of sleep thing. I know that right now I have the luxury of laying on the couch all day while my body does the work of taking care of our Guppy. You know, it's a strange reality when you think about your body as being someone's home. A pretty amazingly cool reality. I just try to be the best host possible. Someday I may reminisce on the simplicity of pregnancy, my memory clouded by time and mommy brain. I give anyone within arms reach full permission to slap me because I am rightfully jealous of my future self.

Guppy has also been doing quite a bit of bouncing around these days. I just couldn't wait for the time when I could feel her and I'm not even close to being tired of it. She still does her jazzercising (which she will be sad to find out we left in the 80's along with Ataris, stirrup pants and Corey Feldman paraphernalia). Now she's included what I can only picture to be some from of individual mosh pitting (which I sincerely hope we left in the 90's).

Yesterday Jason and I went to my Perinatologist's office for my 17P shot. Jason was given a lesson by the nurse on how to give it so we can do it at home. That sounds good to me since we had to wait an hour and a half for the ten minute lesson. I'm not complaining, I got to spend part of the afternoon with Jason and I feel fortunate that I'm able to get good health care. He seemed pretty confident as she showed him how to draw the medicine and she offered to let him try giving me the injection or just watch. He opted to watch for the first one. So here I am, pants pulled down past my "crack line" as the nurse so technically called it, leaning a bit over the bed and relaxing my right leg. She puts the needle in and then I hear Jason's reaction to the two inches of metal that just met my flesh... "Oh... you put the whole thing in..." :) He will be fine. T minus 6 days until he gets to try it out for himself.

Current cravings: Fruit Roll Ups, Clementines, Grape Tomatoes

"Babies are such a nice way to start people"
~Don Herold

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad your Mom is hanging out and you guys are coloring walls tomorrow. Doesn't coloring sound much more fun than painting. Please wear a mask! And be sure to post photos when its all done.

I would think Jason would know how and where to stick a needle. But I guess his shots aren't as invasive? Good Luck with that. I would so not let Justin do that to me! Ouch!

Hope you enjoyed your slumber :)