Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Since I posted last we have celebrated Christmas and New Year's Eve. One of my presents from Jason was a set of the most adorable little onesies. Something about imagining him walking through Children's Place, shopping for his daughter, just made me want to cry (I may have a little, not telling). Lately we've been seeing quite a bit of our two year old niece and watching him with her always makes me smile because I know he is going to be an amazing dad. Between watching him push her around in our computer chair to keep her entertained, seeing him rock her before bed or listening to that voice that men only get when they are talking to a little one... Of course I knew this before we were married when I watched him read to my now 14 year old niece while my sister and I made the most hideous pancakes to ever grace a plate.

Last night, as the clock turned to midnight, I realized we are in our Guppy's birth year. Last year at that time I was stuffing grapes into my mouth, making wishes for 2009. I am so happy that as I sit here, feeling my girl kick and squirm, that this wish came true. I got a kiss from Jason and she did too. I have so much to be thankful for and look forward to 2010. Sleepless nights? Bring them on. Poopy diapers? No problem. Spit up in my hair? That's what moms are for.

The past few weeks haven't been without drama. We've now made three trips the the labor and delivery triage because of contractions. Evidently I have an irritable uterus and it has been getting cranky at all the growing going on. I'm continuing to take it easy and drinking water like a mad woman. My doctor's theory is that this is a phase and hopefully will just get better over time.

Fun little factoids:
~Our baby is about the length of a spaghetti squash (11 inches from head to toe)
~She is probably close to one pound
~She has eyebrows and eyelashes
~Her fingerprints have developed
~There is a good chance she is hearing as well

Watch us grow!

Photobucket
December 31, 2009

"A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone."
~Unknown

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great post! I loved being pg and remembering what I was doing a year ago from that day.

And fwiw, IF or not, I wouldn't say "no sleep - bring it on, etc etc" to too many people, they will throw that right in your face the first time you freak out b/c of a lack of sleep. I can't tell you how many times I got the whole "I thought you said if you ever got pg (had a baby) you wouldn't complain about XYZ" Well, that was BEFORE I got pg, things changed! LOL

Enjoy the last stretch of your pregnancy - I can't wait to see your daughter.

Happy New Year Mommy!

Elizabeth said...

Very cute! You do look a lot bigger on camera than you do in person, but I think that's because I always see you sitting down and under blankets!

So excited that I got to feel some big kicks and punches!

Happy New Year! Next year this time you will have a crawling 7 month old at your house. How fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the belly pictures! I have been so bad about taking pictures, I really need Alex to start taking some!

No more trips to L&D until you have this little girl!!

Amber said...

Love the belly pics! I think these are the first I've seen of you. You look great!

Hope your contractions are settling down!