Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dust Bowl and 5 dpo

My only ttc update is I'm 5dpo with some flat temps above the coverline. They are lower than usual but I'm not sure if this holds any significance. I tell myself that I only temp to confirm ovulation, but after 5 days of temps above the coverline I could stop. Will I? Probably not. I have an insatiable curiosity of what is going on and the two week wait sometimes seems to last way more than 14 days. At that point I'm not peeing in cups anymore and maybe I just feel like I need something to do. Anything. So, I keep temping and I look at the chart like it's going to speak to me in some way that it didn't the day before. Oh well, I will get through this one just like I've gotten through all the others! I hold out hope that there is a possibility. And just for a little extra fun (and more of that curiosity) I looked up what the due date would be. Christmas Day. Now I used to protest the idea of having a Christmas baby, but Lord, I will happily accept such a wonderful gift. I promise.

On a completely unrelated note, the demolotion of our floors began today. The dust, the horror! I knew it was going to be bad and I covered our couches and electronics with blankets, but the dust is everywhere. Let me say that again. Everywhere. It looks like a dust storm happened in my house or that I've neglected to break out the pledge for a couple of years. In fact it is worse than that. It's on door handles, picture frames, lamp shades... the clean up will require a bit more than a swiffer for sure. I took some before pictures last night and when it is all done, I will take my after pics and share them. Now excuse me while I cry a little. Don't worry, it's just the dust in my eyes.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

DPO=delta phi omega or as im sure you meant it, days past ovulation. i am making it my mission to inform your readers of these crazy acronyms of the ttc world. i guess if they have stumbled upon your page then they must already know. but what do flat temps above the coverline mean? is that good? the tone sounded good, so im hooraying for you over here. but please do inform me. your temperature can determine pregnancy status? see, im a tard. i am trying to google it but there are all these weird terms like "luteal" and crazy charts that dont allow me to zoom in for me to understand their meaning. christmas day would be great. what an awesome present!

dust. boo! well i hate to tell you this, but you might want to invest in a hard floor vacuum. bc wood floors collect a lot of dust and fast. i would sweep my barcelona flat daily. but its nice bc you know its clean. yay! i cant wait to see it. i bet its going to make your house look bigger. i always feel like it does. ok i will start responding here for the world to see. the main reason i dont is to avoid those silly secret word things. i cant even read this one. sorry my blog has been boring. i have to find new ways to entertain my readers. a beagle post is in the works.

Kayla said...

TTC- trying to conceive

DPO- yes, days past ovulation

Luteal Phase- the time period after you ovulate and before your next cycles starts

Cover Line- after you ovulate your temps jump and so there is usually a coverline that will separate your temps before ovulation and after, you can't really tell if you are pregnant by your chart unless your temps stay above the coverline for more than 18 days (the temps themselves can be irrelevant)

It's just easier to abbreviate. :) But I think it's great that you are learning this stuff.

I know it will be hard to stay on top of the dust, but like you said, they will be clean!