Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Eggs, and Everyting Else

I think a few updates are in order, so here they are.

My mom is doing well. Her surgery was Friday and it did not reveal any surprises which is great. Unfortunately she was put through a very painful procedure before the surgery and we are all upset that the people who were supposed to be taking care of her did not show the compassion she deserved. Hopefully her speaking up to her doctor will result in a change in the ladies' attitudes who were responsible for causing my mom so much pain. In about a month she will start six weeks of radiation. I'm thankful that everything has gone smoothly and pray that her treatment will continue to go well. She is a strong woman!

After her surgery we headed to my parent's house to spend the rest of Easter weekend. Of course there was some egg coloring, it's tradition! I don't care how old I am, I will always enjoy coloring eggs. We also went up to my dad's plant farm which is always fun. All of the beautiful flowers are arranged in a sort of patchwork design. Flowers are always pretty, but when you have hundreds of them in one place it's overwhelmingly gorgeous! (Pics to come, they are on my sister's camera.)

Our floors are still not finished. Carpet will be put in tomorrow and then finally I can clean this place! I never realized what a mess it would leave behind, but I think our house will be cleaner than it's ever been when all is said and done. We will be scrubbing just about every surface and it makes me tired just thinking about it. I have some before and after picks of the tile and wood but I will wait until everything is done to post them all.

I'm still in the two week wait. I'm 10dpo and my temps have gone up a bit. I had a big drop 8dpo and of course I can't help but wonder if it is an implantation dip. It seems so silly to study my chart with such scrutiny, but I never claimed to be rational did I?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am about to call your mom. I am happy to hear her surgery went well and she is on the road to recovery. Easter sounds like fun. I want to color eggs! Our plumbing stopped working on easter so we couldn't even cook dinner, much less color eggs. We went to subway, yuck.

Looking forward to pretty fotos of flowers and floors. I spelled it fotos because that way I would get 4 f's in that sentence.

Well Im excited about your wait. Or anxious I should say. So in a normal cycle, you would know your answer in 4 days right? Thats very soon. Any symptoms of either possible outcome? I'm hopeful, this could be the month. You sound very positive too. I like it! I was thinking...maybe I will knit you a baby cocoon. You know field of dreams style. If you build it they will come! I will start tonight!

Elizabeth said...

I didn't realize when I wrote my 4 F's comment, that your post was of 4 E's. I really didn't. How weird is that? It got to me subconsciously I guess. Hmm?